Saturday, June 20, 2009

Since I had something to say about Mother’s Day gifts, I feel I should make the same effort discussing Father’s Day. Here it goes:

As a stay-at-home mom, I don’t make an income. When it comes to those occasions when a gift is required I need to get creative. Since I have this desire to be perfect in my own way, this can take some time. Fortunately, time is one thing I do have and so does my son.

So here is my list of creative Father’s Day gift ideas that I spent quality time thinking about and perfecting. Here it goes:

1. Time

I know it is a short list but…

Could anything be more perfect? Fathers only get to spend a few hours each week with their children. So this year (and maybe every year because I am a big fan of tradition and not fixing what is not broken) I am going to plan a day of activities for my son and his father.

I am going to wake them with a yummy breakfast. After church, I will then send them off to the local children’s science center and zoo with a packed lunch. When they come home I will have some surprise gifts at the ready – Legos that I have been getting at sale prices and hiding until the perfect time. My husband likes to grill so I will have some kabobs ready for the guys to assemble and grill together. My son can handle putting the veggies on the skewers but he will probably be in the sandbox when it actually comes time to grill. I will have all the outside activity equipment ready to go after dinner including some glider airplanes they can assemble and throw around the yard. (Thanks dad for the gliders!) My gift of time is worth every penny!

Quality time for the guys means a fair amount of peace and quiet for me. Priceless!

Happy Father’s Day to all my mommy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment