Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome

Welcome friends!

In the very, merry month of May, I have something to say!! Glad to have everyone along for this fun adventure.

Since this is the beginning of my blog experience, I think I will start with a short list of topics you can expect to be discussed here. Off the top of my head: motherhood, crafting, recipes, hopes, dreams, relationships, entertainment, books, organization, saving money, and product review.

Let's start with crafting.
I love to make and design jewelry. Like most girls I like all things shiny and sparkly! I took my first jewelry making class about 5 years ago. I took that class because I wanted custom-made pieces at reasonable prices. It seemed that I was spending tons of time going shop to shop looking for just the right piece. Sometimes I got lucky and my jewelry collection would grow. As my jewelry collection grew my bank account shrank! We can not have that! I don't want to be that girl with fabulous accessories but not able to afford much else. The solution for me: make it myself.
Fast-forward to today: I got a complement on a ring I designed. She wanted to buy one. Could this jewelry hobby turn into something more? I am looking into what it would take to turn my hobby into a possible new career. (Does this mean I can stop thinking about what I want to be when I grow up?) So who is along for the ride? Who wants to be my cheerleader? Stay tuned as I become a mom who starts her own business.

Are we having fun? After all, fun is the best thing you can have!

Cheers, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment